Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/jpmh06/public_html/pinellas-divorce.com/wp-includes/Requests/Transport/cURL.php on line 162
Child Support - pinellas-divorce

Child Support

Adult's hands holding child's hands, mature adult, child aged 2 to 3 years

Child Support

Under family law both parents have the legal responsibility to provide financial support for their children. After separation or divorce, or in the case where the parents are not married, or not living together the courts may order either or both parents to make regular payments to support a child’s living and medical expenses. These payments are called child support.

Once a child support order has been issued it can only be altered by a new order or a change approved by the court. Either parent may request a review of the child support order if there is a change in circumstances. If there has been a substantial increase or decrease in the earnings by either parent, a change in the custodial arrangements, or shift in the amount of time the child spends with each parent, a court may approve a new child support agreement. This will require a notice to the local child support agency handling the case if both parties agree or a motion with the courts in the case of a disagreement.

Leave a Reply